Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Look What Daddy Brought Home For Addison!


This is what Dad decided to bring Addison home last night! He wanted to get a Bassett Hound, but when he saw this tiny thing crouched in the corner in the next kennell over, he decided he needed to "rescue" it. Fortunately, Addison loves the dog. We keep trying to tell her its a girl dog, not a "him". She's not going for it. "I a big girl, hims not a big girl!" Oh well. She'll be less gender confused in time I guess.

She has already offered to allow it to take a bath with her and when I told her the puppy was tired, she responded with ,"Hims needs a Binky?" I'm just hoping she doesn't squish it to death or use it for a pillow.
As for me, it isn't my dream dog. I like fat dogs that have some solidity to them. Hello, my family had a dog named Pig that jiggled when he ran and his stomach drug on the ground. As my dad pointed out, this one is about as cuddly as a chicken carcus! At least it doesn't bark and its house broken. Things could always be worse!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Oh I REMEMBER pig! That dog could slide down the stairs and not miss a hitch.

Cute that she wants to give the dog a binky. Better keep a close watch on that one... she'll, er, I mean "him" will be a dolly for Addison. :)

Allison said...

Wow, a dog! Cortney, go on my blog, I want to know what crib you have. I'm crib shopping and don't know what to get. What do you have?

The Hintze Family said...

I remember Pig! What a cute little dog - you're more brave then me, we both know I couldn't handle a dog!