Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Best Husband...Worst Wife


Last night, we decided on a whim that we really needed night alone. We quickly checked the movie times to see which one we would be able to make in time given our short notice plans. The only one we could have made it to was in Spanish Fork seeing Mama Mia, not that either of us wanted to see it anyway. (He was all for the new Batman movie) The entire ride over, I'm trying to convince him it can't possibly be that bad. I kept telling him, "Pierce Brosnan's in it, he's 007 cool & Boostrap Bill from Pirates is in it too!"
Of course, we were the first in the theatre, (thanks to the entire town of Spanish Fork being at the rodeo...) Slowly, a few more people started to arrive....a group of giggly middle aged women, a bunch of teen girls...after a while, we realized he was the only guy in the place. Then as luck would have it....another man walked into the theatre. True, he was probably 90, but it still counts. The entire time, he was rolling his eyes so much and laughing at how lame the acting seemed, I kept feeling worse and worse that not only was I making him sit through it, I was sitting through it too! As soon as the credits began, we bolted for the door laughing all the way to the car. As we were driving out of town, he declares that he needs to see the new Batman at least 3 times in a row to cleanse his mind of the past 2 hours! If you want to get a rise out of him, just break into your own rendition of "Dancing Queen" just to make sure he won't forget our evening!

3 comments:

Diana said...

LOL. Yeah, it totally ruins it seeing it with a guy. I'm into musicals, but if they are not your thing, this movie is totally LAME. But at least you owe him one now.... and luckily I'm sure he'll never let you forget that. :)

The Jacobsons said...

You have been tagged! Visit my blog for details!

The Hintze Family said...

That is so hilarious! I told Sage I was going to drag him to it; he said he'd rather sit through Sex and the City! So at least now he has to watch SATC with me!!! Can't wait til Thursday!