Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

On the 14th of this month, we celebrated our 6th anniversary! Some days it seems like it hasn't been that long, but then I think about all of the events and things we've learned about each other over the past 6 years...

~ We've lived in 3 different cities...Orem, Provo and Payson
~ I've had 5 cars and he has been through 5 company cars.

~ We have had 1 adorable daughter who is now 2! (yes, we survived two whole years without messing her up too much!)
~ I've worked in 2 school districts and 5 different schools.

~ He's worked for 3 different companies.

~ We have various churchcallings ranging from Primary to YM Presidency to teaching Sunday School and Elders's Quorum.

~ We've only had 1 pet...our Beta Fish named Myron. (yes...he died)

~ We've had 2 brothers serve missons and had 3 siblings and a mom get married.

~ We've traveled the country from the top to the bottom. (the bottom half is much warmer!)

~ We've tried to teach each other things....I'm still afraid of baseballs and I have no use for water that tastes like salt. He will never be able to be seen in public dancing.

~ We've discovered that going to Del Taco for your 5th anniversary will give you something to laugh about for years to come.
~ After 6 years, we still don't have "sides" to the bed.
~ I've learned that nothing will come between him and his 150 pairs of socks.
~ There are rules we've developed... Don't lay on the bed once it's been made. Always close the shower curtain. NEVER use the nice towels hanging in the bathroom. More soap isn't always better in the dishwasher.

~ I still don't cook!
And no, we didn't do anything for our anniversary. He bought me flowers and a new diamond ring which I made him take back. Strike 348 for being able to pick out jewelry I'll like. You'd think he would learn that I need to be there to pick it out! I of course, couldn't think of anything he wanted, needed or couldn't live without. Luckily, he agreed, there was nothing he wanted, needed or couldn't live without. LUCKY 4 ME! So, we look forward to next year's...I thought last year's Del Taco was going to be pretty hard to beat. With the way things are going, we'll completely forget next year's anniversary!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Are you suer that it has been 6 years? I went to your wedding and I'm pretty sure it wasn't that long ago. Did you miscalulate? Carried the one when you were supposed to borrow?

The soap?...That is funny. Tyson and I have also have had such learning opportunities. You two have come so far from your first date, which LUCKILY I was allowed to witness.

AND....It's nice to know that he also failed at getting you to make friends with a ball. Don't fret Willie, someone far better than you has also tried and failed. :)

The Jacobsons said...

Happy Anniversary Courtney! 6 years is a long time...I liked reading about things you have done since you have been married. I liked the "nice" towels in the bathroom statement....I have some of those too. Ha ha ha

The Hintze Family said...

Congrats chica! 6 years has totally flown by! And I totally agree with the rules that have been established!