Monday, September 8, 2008

Update!

I know it's been over a month....so here's a quick update of what's been going on!
My little brother, Matt, got married (almost a month ago) to Ashlee Silcox in the Salt Lake Temple. That makes all 4 kids married now! We all got married in different temples which has been fun and our grandpa performed each of our sealings which we think is pretty cool too.

Here's a picture of Addison in her dress for the reception. I had to pin her down to get her into it and all she would say is, "I not tute!" (I must tell her she's cute too often...)

I started back to school the day after Matt's wedding last month and I have been crazy ever since. I have 32 4th graders this year...(compared to my small class of 18 last year), so my load has completely doubled. They're such a fun, smart group so I'm grateful that I lucked out that way. Now if I can ever get on top of anything at school. Everything takes twice as long to do, twice as long to correct, twice as long to get ready... if anyone needs to put in some nice community service hours, come visit my classroom night or day...because I'm sure I'll be there!


Let's see what else... I finally got my car fixed. Many of you know, I took my passenger mirror off last spring in the car wash... well, finally this summer, I scheduled my appointment to take it into the dealership to get it repainted at the mirror attached. THE EXACT DAY I made the appointment, the bikes that were hanging from the ceiling of my garage fell on top of the hood of my car. So needless to say, the damage was a bit beyond Ken Garff's expertise, and I had to take it into a body shop to get the hood, fender grill, mirror and bumper fixed. If your bikes are hanging from the roof of you garage, take them down!!! But at least I have my mirror fixed that has been missing since February!

Finally, I will be "single mom" ing it for a while. Willie is getting his degree in Respiratory Therapy. So with his intense class load, he goes days without seeing Addison because she's in bed by the time he gets home, and he's gone before she wakes up. It's been pretty hard on all of us so far just because all of his studying is so intense...but he looks so cute in his white lab coat!

Anyway, I think that post will last me at least another 6 weeks! If anything too exciting happens, I'll let you know!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Oh she is a spittin image of Willie. And she is a cutie. :) Um, how did I not know about your mirror? That is friggin hilarious... but somehow, I'm not surprised. You used to fall off your shoes walking down the hall at school. :) The bike thing, ew, I would be so pissed. Good for you for leaving all the expletives that I know you said out of this blog post when you found such a treat. I'm not sure I could show such restraint.

Good luck with teaching school... sure they are a smart and fun class now, just you wait for April or May..... what a different tune you'll be singing then.

The Jacobsons said...

Hey Courtney! I have been waiting for a post from you! Good luck with school and the single mom thing...you are a trooper for doing both. We should get together when you have a chance...maybe over UEA break or something.
--April

The Hintze Family said...

Nice to see your not dead! Addison looks so much like her dad! I'm glad to hear that the car got fixed, for a while there I was waiting to see what else would happen to it! I can't believe you have that many kids in your class; I honestly don't know how you do it - I can't even handle my own some days! We need to get a bev sometime soon - I've got stories!!

The Peterson Zoo said...

Yay, you updated your page all by yourself!!!