Friday, June 26, 2009

He's fired!

Let me just start by saying, I'm married to one of the best men on the earth! He has so few faults that it's almost hard to find anything wrong with him. (don't worry, I've found one to share)... Before I get to that, in light of Father's Day this month, I thought I would share some of the things I DO love about him....

Not only is he the Priesthood holder and provider for our family, given us a roof over our head, food on our table, a safe car to drive....here are a few more things about him that are pretty cool:

~ He will hang and rehang any picture, shelf, mirror, etc and help move furniture around the house depending on how I want it that day.
~ He lets me keep him awake until all hours of the night while I ramble on about pretty much nothing. (In almost 7 years, he only fallen asleep 1 or 2 times)
~ He calls me multiple times during the day to see how I am, what I'm doing and how my day is going.
~ He surprises me with little things I love like Gummy Frogs from the gas station, new stickers/post-it notes, and my favorite cereal.
~ He'll pretty much let me buy whatever I want (within reason) and decorate the house however I want.
~ He's always shoveling someone's driveway, cleaning the church, giving money to every person with a cardboard sign on the corner, giving away his skateboard to a little kid at the skate park, mowing someone's lawn, listening to someone's problems, running people on their errands, and will go without what he wants or needs so others can have what they want or need.
~ He lets me rock out to my music selections in the car. He's learned to tolerate some country music and even Michael Jackson.
~ He takes care of bath time with Addison, helps out with late night feedings and rocks Jace to sleep every night.
~ When he unlocks the house door, he lets me go in first.
~ I get to pick where we eat and he always pumps the gas so I don't have to get out.
~ If I'm at work and I forgot something at home, he'll go back and get it for me and bring it to the school so I don't have to.
~ He paints mine and Addison's toenails.
~ He has seen me at my best (25 lbs and 2 kids ago) and my worst (first thing in the morning and 22 hours into labor with both kids), and he still seems to love me!
~ He takes me out for ice cream and likes to go on walks and drives just to spend time with me.
~ He's given up the sunshine of Southern California, sandy beaches, palm trees, salty air and early morning surfing to be stuck here in Utah with me. (don't get him started on it by the way)

WITH THAT SAID..... This is why he is FIRED!!!!!


My adorable, sweet (matter of opinion), darling little girl is wearing a spider-man t-shirt and a new present from dad....spider man swimming trunks. I'm pretty sure he's aware of the fact she's a girl, but doesn't seem to be encouraging it!!! (What you can't see is the spider-man briefs under the suit.) So unless I find a cute bikini/tankini top that will match the shorts, I'm afraid I will have a topless swimmer at the pool this summer.


Anyway, check out some pictures below of the "Man of the House"


6 comments:

Allison said...

I guess you'll have to add a giant red flower or bow to her swimming attire to help show off her girly cuteness. That is too funny. Maybe he should be starting a pile of clothes and things for Jace to have instead of bestowing it on the first born. Good luck with that.

Diana said...

That is HYSTERICAL. Literally LOL.

Boys don't get the girl card. Tyson pix messaged me the other day is version of having Alex's hair done with a caption of "Not my best work."

He tried at least. I guess the same could be said about your over achieving husband. Altho I wonder... besides choosing a shirt and shorts.... what WAS the goal he was trying to accomplish? :)

Daralyn said...

The sad thing is that you don't have the excuse that oh, she STOLE it from Stockton. Nothing on her is a hand-me-over from him. This time anyway!

The Hintze Family said...

Addison is too cute and even though she's not sporting a cute little pink swimsuit one day you'll wish she was in boy shorts and a t-shirt!!

Robin said...

That is hilarious. Your blog is adorable! I bet Addison was in love with her dad that day! LOL Hope you guys come on the 4th!

Vauna said...

Aren't we lucky to have husbands that were raised to take such good care of us and treat us well! You pretty much just described his brother, the one I am married to...all down to the obnoxious spider man outfits (fortunately I have boys that wear them).