Monday, February 22, 2010

What Kind of School Is This???

This is a story that one of my kindest, sweetest, most innocent children I have in my class this year wanted me to edit for her....

(Word for Word)

Girls Dancing
A famace girl is dancing like a wild bad girl. When she came home her mom was really mad. At her and her friend. And the friend mom was mad. Friends hair is blound and the, other girl has brown hair. But they keep dancing like wild animals. It was wild fun The end.

Hmmmmmm.....Now where do I begin? Do I start with the fact that there are a few spelling errors and some slight punctuation problems? Perhaps I should help her start a new paragraph when the setting of the story changed? Maybe we could use stronger words other than bad and mad. I know.....
I should remind her that she is NINE and we don't live in Las Vegas!!!!

I can't wait until she publishes this one to share for the class. I'll be sure to send out invitations.

2 comments:

The Hintze Family said...

Please do send me an invite! I can't wait to hear what happened after the mood of the mother changed. Tell her not to worry, Kerri usually got mad at me for dancing like a wild girl from Vegas! It happens to the best of us :)

Robin said...

You crack me up Courtney! This was so funny. Sad at the same time, but funny.