Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kindergarten Baby!

Addison officially has begun her lifelong journey called SCHOOL!  I "choiced" her into the school I teach at so I can be with her during the day.  It has been so much fun to see her around the halls every day instead of just 2 days a week for preschool. I think she's beginning to think she is some kind of celebrity.  At every turn, there is some student yelling, "Addison!.....Gimme 5!......Can I walk you to class?.......Can I have a hug?......I like your backpack.....Do you want candy?......."  She's going to have such a complex by the time she hits first grade!  

I handled it pretty well on her first day.  I took the day off when she went to preschool and watched the playground like a stalker to make sure she had friends!  This year, she marched right in her class and I walked to my own class.  It has certainly been a struggle fighting her in the morning to get dressed, breakfast, hair, teeth and in the car in one piece.  She loves homework, she says, "Mrs. Mayhew just misses me every day!" and she loves to come into my classroom to hang out with her admiring "fans".  




Here she is!   She INSISTED on buying "running shoes" so she can "run like the wind".  I HATE  what I call, "tenny runners".  I don't know why, they're fine for comfort and exercise....they just don't complete an outfit in the right way.   She of course, disagrees. (I say right, Addison says left).   So I caved for her first official day of school, and she got to wear her running shoes.  I had to laugh because she came home distraught on the first day saying, "Its against the rules to run on the playground". I laughed hard at that one!

No comments: