Thursday, September 8, 2011

Table Re-Do!

The end of the summer was crazy!  I moved classrooms three days before school started (from the classroom I had just moved into in June).....so my evenings and weekends have been spent thowing together a room enough to start school with.  On my way to the school one Saturday, there was a HUGE fundraising yard sale in Payson.  I stopped and found two FABULOUS deals.  The first was a sewing table that I bought for $15 dollars.....still in the garage waiting to be refinished along with the rest of the pile.....and a rickety table for $8.  Honestly, I overpaid, but it was for a good cause...I didn't think this table would stay together long enough to get it in the back of the truck.  It had peeling paint, severe water damage on top and four legs that were going to need severe hot glueing! Just kidding...I used hardware.... I do love to hot glue whenever I can.....don't knock it 'till you try it!

I sanded the entire thing down....the white paint was horrific.  I think I took at least and inch off the top because of the water damage and staining. Then I painted the whole thing my favorite creamy beige and glazed it.  This time, my garage wasn't as hot, so the glaze wiped off MUCH easier than before.  I stained the top dark as well.   




I know the pictures are shadowed.....that would be the help of my 2 foot tall side kick trying to lean over my shoulder and put the lense cap on constantly.....

I think I want to to take it to my classroom, or cut the legs down to make a new coffe table.  Who knows!

No comments: